[aprssig] time for APRS second generation network?

J. Lance Cotton josecanuc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 13:23:25 EST 2005

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 13:18:08 -0500, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
> >Will the 9600 BIG stream ever "pause" to listen, supposing
> >the full datastream gets up to near 9600bps?
  <snip>
> I think the solution is to also have a VHF 9600 baud
> receiver at the Super Site that is also listening full time
> to that 9600 baud channel for the uplinks from the
> superusers...  That way, it remains full duplex, and
> the user can use his Kennwood which can operate
> cross band at 9600 baud.

This appears to be turning out to be a pretty expensive Super Site,
with radios for 1200bps 144.39, 9600bps 70cm TX, possibly 9600bps 2m
(144.39 or something else?) listening. :-)

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightnigflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3.
Eat the cookies.