[aprssig] Re: USB thingys Was: slashdot...

James Jefferson Jarvis jj at aprsworld.net
Thu Jan 6 10:59:40 EST 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 09:53, John Kraus wrote:
> Just don't forget to take it out when you wash the pants!!!
>
> I killed a 128mb Cruzer that way.

Mine has been through the washer and drier three times now. It also got
snapped off the back of my laptop (by a careless user, not myself) which
broke the case and the USB connector off. I was able to solder back on the
connector and then put the formerly sonic welded case back together by using
adhesive lined heat shrink. It's in my pocket every day along with a few
writing utensils, cell phone, and keys. No problems thus far!

I keep some aprsworld related things on (trying to stay on-topic).

-Jim