[aprssig] time for APRS second generation network?

Greg Noneman greg at clubnet.net
Thu Jan 6 02:47:38 EST 2005

Phil,

Just curious...what six digipeaters can you get into with your tracker.
  You must be in one choice  spot (or cursed, depending on your point of
view).  I don't think I've ever been in a location that links to that
many digis (including local digi sites, themselves).

Have any recommendations on which digis to eliminate (or move)?  I have
actually been considering moving the Crestline digi to something at a
lower altitude.  Its performance definitely suffers from being as high
as it is and from seeing signals both north and south of the San
Bernardino Mountains.  A lower site that caters specifically to the
Inland Empire would be preferable.

73,
Greg
WB6ZSU