[aprssig] Re: PHG Protocol Antenna Gain

John Langtry, VE3NEC ve3nec at sympatico.ca
Wed Jan 5 23:17:54 EST 2005

Hi Ev, Bob and the gang.

Yes, on topic, I think Ev's got a good point, using dBi,
verse dBd as was done in the past.

But for digi-ops, this raising an interesting point; if we
have our PHG using dBd, do we need to make to new EPROPMs
to match this change. (I assume so.)

Why do these changes *always* take place in the Winter ?
Probably the same reason that CND Amatuers only think about
antennas during the same time. :)

For one example, VE3YAP, we have a 4 bay Sinclare array -
6.1 dBd at our site. I know for one dipole the difference
is about 2.25 dB between dBd and dBi; But what do you do
with an omni array ?

Thoughts and comments most appreciated.

vy 73 de John VE3NEC
905-877-7886