[aprssig] time for APRS second generation network?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jan 5 17:05:06 EST 2005

>>> Jason Winningham <jdw at eng.uah.edu> 1/5/05 3:22:52 PM >>>
>.... "fixes" WIDEN-N abuse simply  by jerking the rug out from
>under the abusers, and doesn't address the
>lack of intelligent infrastructure nodes in the network.

Jason,

There is no "intellgent infrastructure" on earth that can cram
more users above the ALOHA limit of about 60 APRS users
into a single RF channel in any RF domain except ONE:

That is, just like the cell phone industry, you have to make
the cells smaller.  Period.

What we are trying to do with the New n-N Paradigm is to
give up on asking the users to voluntarily reduce their
paths, but instead build limits into the system to try
to contain the ability of some users to QRM others.

That approach is "intelligent infrastructure" at the KISS
level.

Bob, WB4APR