[aprssig] The new N-N paradigm

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Wed Jan 5 15:40:48 EST 2005

> >Seems to me that the idea of a "router"...woulld be appropriate...
>
> Route to where?
> Once you have hit your surrounding 60 other ALOHA users
> your packets become QRM to everyone else...  Nothing else
> can fit on a 1200 baud channel designed for everyone-to-
> everyone communications...
>
> The bottom line is simple, everyone's path should only go
> as far as his surrounding ALOHA users.  (about 60) or so.

I still believe the even newer paradigm of using Virtual Routes is
the future.

Each station decides where he wants his packet to go and codes the
path accordingly.   Then the network resources handle the packet based
on the path.   Each area would have total control of defining how to
handle the paths.

Paths I've had in mind are:

  LOCAL
  REGION
  WORLD
  IGATE

This posting gave me the idea of adding one new virtual path:

  ALOHA

Send a packet to RELAY,ALOHA and let the network decide how
far it should go.

Digi_ned is the "APRS Router" that makes this possible.  And this reminds
me that the scheduled has slipped on my goal to get a Digi_ned system in a box
working by the end of the year.   Oh well.

73,
Bill - WA7NWP