[aprssig] The new N-N paradigm

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jan 5 14:15:33 EST 2005

>>> mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net 1/5/05 11:11:17 AM >>>
>I am relatively new to APRS...
>Seems to me that the idea of a "router"...woulld be appropriate...

Route to where?
Once you have hit your surrounding 60 other ALOHA users
your packets become QRM to everyone else...  Nothing else
can fit on a 1200 baud channel designed for everyone-to-
everyone communications...

The bottom line is simple, everyone's path should only go
as far as his surrounding ALOHA users.  (about 60) or so.

Some areas this takes 1 hop.  Others, 2.
In the wilderness, it might take 4...

Getting all software to show the ALOHA limit to every
station is fundamental to user education...  I am glad we
are making some progress on that front...

Bob, Wb4APR