[aprssig] The new N-N paradigm summary (fwd)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jan 5 11:26:29 EST 2005

>>> greg at clubnet.net 01/05/05 4:28 AM >>>
>I tend to agree with Cap that getting rid of WIDEn-N and
>going back to generic RELAY and WIDE would be a  step
>backwards in our area.

We havent gotten rid of n-N at all.  Just replaced it with
CAn-N (which performs exactly the same way) for 3 reasons:

1) To convinve everyone that CHANGE is in the wind.  You
    have to break with the past and re-learn the ALOHA
    concept and how to use APRS in the 21st century

2) It protects surrounding states from abuse
3) it allows for all the advnatages of WIDEn-N for in-state
travelers.

LOCAL MOBILES SHOULD USE CA2-2 for maximum efficiency.

When we say that RELAY,WIDE is the universal path, we
are not saying that all mobiles should use it!!!!!  We are
saying that that 1% of users who travel outside the state
of calif rouinely and cannot easily change his path, then he, and he
alone should use the RELAY,WIDE path.

Yes, by all means the New n-N Paradigm optimum path wil
be CA2-2 and should be used by evryone who wants the most
efficient path.

Hope that helps.
Bob