[aprssig] Dmapper - New for 2005 Version 2.12b11

DaveN dbsoft at bendbroadband.com
Sun Jan 2 09:52:19 EST 2005

 New for 2005.... I have just released an updated beta of "Dmapper" for
those
 that would like to give it a try.  www.dmapper.com

 Dmapper is a utility program that takes APRS data from a TNC, APRS Server,
 or APRS Program and converts it for use in some of the more popular mapping
 programs used in Search and Rescue (SAR) operations.

 Anyone serious about integrating APRS with SAR Organizations should really
 take a look at what Dmapper can do.  Since most SAR units like the
 topographic detail offered by  MapTech's TERRAIN NAVIGATOR and National
 Geographic TOPO!, I have focused my efforts on developing Dmapper to work
 best with them.   You can also use it for older versions of Street Atlas
 (5.0) and TopoUSA, as well as others, but it requires a few more steps to
 post to the map.

 This new version 2.12b11 released on January 1, 2005  includes some of the
 following newly added features.

 **GENERAL FEATURES Updated**

 NEW FEATURE: Activated TACTICAL NAME text boxes for Info only designations
 for each unit.

 NEW FEATURE: WinHelp has been added with a general help file (F1) and also
 some context help for certain text boxes. (more to come)

 **MAPPING**
 Improved how Dmapper controls the map program to make it more efficient and
 easier to setup.

 Better control over which map "data files" to create via a menu selection.

 NEW FEATURE: CREATED THE NatGeoTOPO! and STREET ATLAS 5.0 *NOW* FILES.
 "dmapper*now.*". The *NOW* file selections cause the screen to clear all
 waypoints and re-post the current position points of each tracked unit
only.
 "Tracks" are not shown, only their last position reported.

 New  "dmapperNGTOPOnowCall.txt" file which is the same format of other
TOPO!
 files only it includes the CALLSIGN as the label so it can be used in the
 NOW format.

 NEW FEATURE: Created capture_all_callsigns option. This will cause callid
 boxes to clear repeatedly so new incoming callsigns will fill them in and
 post to the map data.  (Currently only building Street Atlas files but the
 Dmapper screen displays incoming callsigns as well.)

 **COMMS**
 The raw data display box will change colors based on source of data. I.E.:
 Data from Com port will be BLUE and telnet data PINK.

 Added COM "0" features so com port can be disabled while being used by
other
 device such as WinAPRS and UI-VIEW. This allows Dmapper telnet connection
 back side (telnet server ports) on same computer..

 NEW FEATURE: Added menu item to check for updates under the HELP menu.

 Improved the telnet server configuration, start and stop connection
 processes.

 For more information jump on over to www.dmapper.com for a look and a FREE
 DEMO.

 Thanks and Happy New Year.