[aprssig] ACARS

Brian Webster bwebster at wirelessmapping.com
Sat Jan 1 19:46:13 EST 2005

Motorola signaling system is called MDC 1200 (1200 baud), it is a
proprietary format that other companies have built decoders for, they just
can't encode it. Zetron comes to mind with a decoder, you might find some
sound card decoder somewhere if you look for MDC 1200 decoders. There was an
older system called MDC 600. You might also run in to a format called GStar
which was invented by GE Radio about the same time Motorola started with
theirs. Some Motorola radios can send this format too.

Brian, N2KGC