[Possible Spam]Re: Fw: [aprssig] APRS Monitoring and activity

Spider spider at rivcom.net
Sat Jan 1 14:19:39 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Bruninga" <bruninga at usna.edu>
To: <spider at rivcom.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 10:57 AM
Subject: [Possible Spam]Re: Fw: [aprssig] APRS Monitoring and activity

> 3) and one step further is that these beacons should be "via RELAY"
> and that all such systems should act as callsign subsitituting
> digi's for their nearest neighbors so that the network and connectivity
> of all AX.25 systems can be automatically and self-revealed on any
> frequency by simple 10 minute APRS monitoring.

I do beacon every 13 minutes using an unproto of WNLNK.  I do not share a
channel with
another node...makes the most sense to me.  Why would I need to use
RELAY....I really do not want
anyone Relaying anything from my station on the same channel.  I am missing
the reason why the word RELAY is being suggested.

Jim