[aprssig] software question

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu Feb 24 15:54:23 EST 2005

At 01:04 PM 2/24/2005, Keith - VE7GDH wrote:
>Earl wrote on 24/02/2005 11:16:27 AM PST
>
> > I use APRS+ occasionally, mainly because it allows me to see what
> > speed a mobile was going (via a header on the icon) at the point a
> > position was transmitted.  Other than that, I run UI-View.
>
>I don't use APRS+, but UI-View will show a red line that indicates the
>direction of travel. The faster the speed, the longer the line. You can
>also just hover over the station to see the "pop-up" info that includes
>the speed, at least in UI-View32 v2.03. Double-clicking on the station
>will bring up the station details that includes a "compass" that shows the
>direction of travel. as well as the speed in knots, mph and kmh.

         Yep, that's right.

         APRS+ allows you the option of plotting ALL positions of stations
you are tracking, with the corresponding speed attached to EACH
position.  As I said earlier, I occasionally use APRS+ for that, but
usually use UI-View32 instead.

         7 3
         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info