[aprssig] software question

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Feb 24 15:04:15 EST 2005

Earl wrote on 24/02/2005 11:16:27 AM PST

> I use APRS+ occasionally, mainly because it allows me to see what
> speed a mobile was going (via a header on the icon) at the point a
> position was transmitted.  Other than that, I run UI-View.

I don't use APRS+, but UI-View will show a red line that indicates the direction of travel. The faster the speed, the longer the line. You can also just hover over the station to see the "pop-up" info that includes the speed, at least in UI-View32 v2.03. Double-clicking on the station will bring up the station details that includes a "compass" that shows the direction of travel. as well as the speed in knots, mph and kmh.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH