[aprssig] APRS IS weirdness

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Sun Feb 27 19:05:24 EST 2005

Rogue forks of open source code might have the potential to introduce new
problems, but it'd be hard to get anything done in open source without them.
I'd never have gotten aprsd to run on my 64-bit Alpha if I didn't have
access to the source, and I'm sure supporting a small minority of 64-bit
users wasn't a high priority for the developers.

And for what it's worth, it doesn't take access to source code to make most
programs do bad things!

Scott
N1VG