[aprssig] APRS IS weirdness

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sun Feb 27 17:50:08 EST 2005

True, but we would also have over 50% more bandwidth requirements at our
servers.  As stated previously, I implemented a switch in javAPRSSrvr so
we can selectively put a "full" trace on packets originated from a
specific call.  I have asked, via the javAPRSSrvr users group and this
group, for all javAPRSSrvr sysops to enable this trace for DG1SGE so we
can isolate the problem, eliminate it, and return APRS-IS to normal
operation without placing a huge load on the network.

I chose DG1SGE because he is beaconing posits to APRS-IS fairly often,
is directly connected to a server not causing the problem (since the
good packet is getting through), and should be provide a reasonable
time-to-resolution.  However, it is 10 PM and later in Europe so some of
this might not occur until tomorrow.  But I think APRS-IS will survive
until the problem is isolated and resolved.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net