[aprssig] linux to agwpe

Andre PE1RDW aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Sun Feb 27 05:58:45 EST 2005

hasan schiers schreef:

> Thanks info, Henk. It would be most useful if it were added, as it
> gives nice cross OS capabilities and AGWPE is a wonder to
> behold...I've used it for years as a TNC manager (I'm not interested
> in sound card tnc's), and it does a wonderful job of it.
>
> I was able to reprogram our local ui-digi firmware based digi box from
> my wireless laptop this morning using agwTerminalTCP....the laptop
> running it went wireless to my AGWPE PRO core running on an XP machine
> in the basement and the two tnc's connected to it are seen as local to
> the laptop. Quite amazing. Xastir uses those same two tnc's, as does
> UI-View32, UISS and several other programs, even remotely. The ability
> to use digi_ned, the mother of all digi-peating programs, on the
> Xastir machine using the AGWPE hooks would be a real asset for us.
>
> Thanks for at least considering it...it will help us further improve
> the network.
>
> 73,
>
> ...hasan, N0AN

you can interface the linux kernel to agwpe using xglue, this program
connects to agwpe as a application and to linux (or xnet,jnos etc) on
the otherside using axudp where every port is another axudp link.
you can also do it the otherway around with agwpe connecting to linux
using axudp as a radioport
on the linux side you can link an ax25 socket to an axip socket
transparently with rxecho.

73 de Andre PE1RDW