[aprssig] DIGI_NED 0.3.5 for embedded systems

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Sat Feb 26 17:25:13 EST 2005

Hello Hasan,

hasan schiers schreef:
> Forget the first question...can I use the standard linux based digi_net
> side by side with Xastir on the same machine, if the Xastir machine is
> connected to my TNC's using the network facility to AGWPE PRO?
>
> That's the question...I don't need the stripped down version...I already
> have support for all the AX.25 stuff.

I don't know if somebody already invented fome glue to connect AGWPE to
the Kernel AX.25 interface (kind of "kissattach" for AGWPE), if not, then
it is currently not possible since DIGI_NED only talks to the AX.25
support in the kernel.

I'm thinking about adding the possibility to talk to AGWPE, that would
enable your setup and also enable running DIGI_NED on Cygwin together with
other AGWPE clients.

I think I have to steal some XASTIR code to do this. Shouldn't be too
hard, only that I never came to it to do it (and nobody else seems to do
it either...).

Kind regards,

Henk.