[aprssig] APRS routing strategies

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 22 09:41:43 EST 2005

>>> "hasan schiers" <schiers at netins.net> 2/18/05 8:25:03 PM >>>
>What makes WIDEn-N traceable? It hasn't been in the past.

By moving WIDEn-N from the UIFLOOD parameter in the
digis over to the UITRACE parameter.

>Are there changes to (in the case of UI-View32)
>the *.ini file that allow this to happen...

I'm waiting for an expert to figure out how to do it in
UIview, but we dont want to have ANY HOME stations
acting as digis unless they are specifically and uniquely
situated and with a high location.  Encouraging every
UIview user to "click here" and be an ego-digi will be
the worst thing for the network.. hi hi

ALso, once UIFLOOD is freed up, then we put SSn-N
in its place to take advantage of the self-limiting use of
state or section paths to limit QRM while being able
to operate occasionaly State or section wide nets

de WB4APR<Bob