[aprssig] Verizon Wireless GPS fun aprssig Digest, Vol 8, Issue 23

Jason Greene n1iic at arrl.net
Sun Feb 20 06:27:50 EST 2005

You don't know how excited I was to see this! I go to the ever familiar menu
where I have wondered how to get this GPS thing to work.
So, I change the number and dial it. About 20 seconds later, the call ends.
Hmmph.
I read a little farther, "I can hear pieces of a voice conversation,
probably not intended..." \
Sounds interesting. Can't be much happening at this time on a Sunday
morning. I dial it again, and I hear, "New Hampshire 911, what is your
emergency?"
DOH!!!!
So I explain to the nice lady who I have now interrupted her from her book,
magazine, or whatever else she might have been reading on this fine Sunday
morning at 0545, that I was playing with the GPS feature on my phone and
didn't realize the cell system was programmed this way, and I just made a
call moments before. I hope Laconia PD doesn't show up and wake everyone!

So, are there any other numbers that work with this fine feature???

Jason n1iic