[aprssig] (no subject)

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sat Feb 19 22:12:01 EST 2005

Er... I'm in the process of selecting, then hardening, computers for
weather site installation that will have to function for periods of up
to three years in extreme conditions.  I don't expect to do this with
normal E-machines or Dells, but I do expect to select and build out
essentially stock hardware and see them work.

It's not that hard.

Oh... and while I do suffer crashes with Linux, at least there I can
leave a watchdog running, or reasonably expect cron to restart the
machine hard every 24 hours or so.  I generally don't see too many
problems in the embedded systems I employ.

gerry