[aprssig] Re: APRS Status Quo

Stephen H. Smith WA8LMF2 at aol.com
Sat Feb 19 20:39:37 EST 2005

Jason Winningham wrote on 2/19/2005, 8:04 AM:

 > We_ are discussing what to do when the
 > lids figure out that, under the latest fix 39 newn-n plan,
 > WIDE2-2,WIDE2-2,WIDE2-2 works the same was as WIDE6-6 used to, and
 > there isn't a thing newn-n does to address it.

Does anyone have any sense how many of these idiotic paths are
intentional, rather that just rampant ignorance and cluelessness?

If it's the latter, the "New N-n Paradigm" WILL probably fix most of
this problem.

I'm not trying to start a flame war on this issure; just genuinely
wondering....

Stephen H. Smith             wa8lmf (at) aol.com

Home Page:                   http://wa8lmf.com

New/Updated "Rev G" APRS     http://members.aol.com/wa8lmf/aprs
Symbols Set for UI-View,
UIpoint and APRSplus: