[aprssig] APRS @ car rally

aa8ei aa8ei at cinci.rr.com
Sat Feb 19 16:58:32 EST 2005

There is a US Rally Championship and Eastern States Rally Championship
event  on May 18-19 in the Cherokee National Forest near
Chattanooga/Cleveland TN.

Anyone interested in setting up an APRS network in the mountains? Need not
be extensive. Would take a minimum of one display site in the Rally Control
area and tracker(s) on official vehicle(s) (not competitive vehicles) and
probably one or more digipeaters. Simplex is not all that useful, but we
use a UHF repeater (on Oswald Dome) for general communications. We know the
radio territory very well.

It can be a good experimental and experiential weekend if a few APRS ops
are interested.

For details, give me an email or call at 513.531.7432. A 24/7 answering
machine will hold details so I can contact you, but email is probably the
best first-contact method.

Thanks

73
Tony AA8EI