[aprssig] APRS routing strategies

hasan schiers schiers at netins.net
Fri Feb 18 20:25:03 EST 2005

"Specifically to answer your quesion.  Yes TRACEn-N is
going away but it is *replaced* with WIDEn-N which
will perform exactly the way TRACEn-N used to work.
Every path will now be traceable with WIDEn-N."

What makes WIDEn-N traceable? It hasn't been in the past. That was why we
were running TRACEn-n in the first place. The way it used to work was
WIDEn-n obscured the path and TRACEn-n maintained it, albeit with longer
packets. What has changed and where has it changed so that WIDEn-n is
traceable?

Sorry to be so dense...I just can't make the "leap" to how WIDEn-n is going
to suddenly become TRACEn-n in its function. Are there changes to (in the
case of UI-View32) the *.ini file that allow this to happen...that's the
only way I can see it working. If so, what are the changes if you or someone
else knows)

tnx, 73

...hasan, N0AN