[aprssig] State Abbreviations for SSn-N rouiting...

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Feb 17 16:22:45 EST 2005

Yet.  Don't forget who we've got in the White House.  ;]

Seriously... ISO 3166-1 and 3166-2 give you country codes and subdivisions
for every country out there.  I think the combination of those is at most
five bytes, without the '-' separator  (e.g., AUNS = Australia - New South
Wales, DESH = Germany - Schleswig-Holstein, USCA = United States,
California).  Wikipedia has a lot of them listed.

Now, I'm not saying that using these is a good idea, or the way that APRS
should be set up everywhere.  It's just an established, consistent way of
identifying countries and their top-level administrative subdivisions
(states, provinces, cantons, etc.)

Scott
N1VG