[aprssig] Compromise WinLink object proposal

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Tue Feb 15 14:10:13 EST 2005

On 2/15/05 at 1:57 PM Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> sent:

>OK, here is the updated compromise proposal:
>* FINDU accepts -W#

>Actual packet injected into the APRS-IS:
>
>CALLSIGN>APWL2K:;CCCCCC-WL*DDHHMMzDDMM.HHNWDDDMM.HHWa
>PHGxxxx FFF.FFF-SS 1200b winlink.org

Note that none of my discussion or objects mentioned pertain to object name,
findU has always accepted any characters in the object name so K4HG-WL is
ACCEPTED as an object call, as is WL-K4HG, K-4-H-G, and so.

I'd still object to object calls that could be wildcard gated like WL-K4HG, but
otherwise I have no major problems. I will say I do not like needing to grab the
SSID from somewhere else in the packet to get the actual callsign of the gate,
to me having the call stand out in a list due to the -WL does not make up for
this inconvenience, but that is a personal feeling rather than a strong opinion
I'd argue over...

Steve K4HG