[aprssig] Re: HID Packets

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Feb 14 15:39:08 EST 2005

Yes, and those HID packets are nothing but QRM
to APRS.

Back when many digis were using 3 hops for their
beacons, this was murder on the network!  THat was
90  packets per hour per digi in the area just for
HID's!  Now we want HID off and we want the fancy
multi-path approach for the digi's Position packet
so that the UNPROTO path is not involved and it
should be set to local (direct, no hops) so even if
the HID is left on, it only QRMS its footprint and
not the whole state!

Bob

>>> <kb4ytm at charter.net> 2/14/05 2:53:10 PM >>>
Hello again Bob.

I have a quick question. I am getting 13 stations in my logs with ID
packets. Is that the HID ON command in kpc-3's that is causing that? I'm
not all that familiar with those TNC's. I mostly stick with the TNC-2
and UIDigi firmware.

Thanks in advance
Richard
KB4YTM-2 Igate in Jackson, TN