[aprssig] USB to RS232 adapters? (again)

Mark Earle wa2mct at mearle.com
Fri Feb 11 14:27:05 EST 2005

 >Best general purpose USB-to-Serial port adapter device?
 >
 >I Hate to ask that question becase it has been asked so
 >many times before, but I didnt need it then.  Now I need
 >to buy some for the student lab...

Depends on how you define better. :-) I've had good luck under Windows 98
Second Edition, and Windows 2000 Pro, with the one offered by www.prfanc.com

It seems to be all about the drivers, and the ones they supply just work.

I've also used Belkins, since those are widely available at the chain
computer and office supply places. Those can be more "picky" under other
than XP or XP Pro.

       ) )    de WA2MCT Mark
      ( (
       ) )    You will be assimilated... oooh, coffee!!
    _|****|   http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?wa2mct-8 Home
   ( |    |   http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?wa2mct-9 Mobile
    `|____|   wa2mct at mearle.com  wa2mct at juno.com  www.mearle.com/mark