[aprssig] USB to RS232 adapters? (again)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Feb 11 13:42:40 EST 2005

Best general purpose USB-to-Serial port adapter device?

I Hate to ask that question becase it has been asked so
many times before, but I didnt need it then.  Now I need
to buy some for the student lab...

We know that many of them dont exactly replicate all
of the serial port, Is there any that are better than others?
thanks
Bob

>>> josecanuc at gmail.com 2/11/05 12:39:13 PM >>>
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:16:42 -0500 (EST), William McKeehan
<mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net> wrote:
> Is there a guide for setting up an AX.25 soundcard interface using
the RASCAL
> hardware with Linux?
>
> I have the AX.25 interface working with receive, but I do not see how
> configure it for transmit; some pointers would be greatly
appreciated.

So you already have set up soundmodem? Did you get the USB or Serial
(RS232) version of the Rascal?

If the USB version, you are out of luck. If the serial version, you
should configure soundmodem to key by whatever your serial port is
(/dev/ttyS0 or etc.)

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightnigflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3.
Eat the cookies.