[aprssig] APRS W,W and W,W,W example

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Fri Feb 11 10:40:00 EST 2005

On 2/11/05 at 9:51 AM Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> sent:

>The lessons are loud and clear.  Its time to abandon
>W,W (and R,W) type paths because their generation of
>3 to 5 times the number of dupes compared to WIDEn-N is

I admit to not following the latest discussion closely, but half of this makes
no sense to me, could you explain?

I understand about the RELAY, but WIDE,WIDE and WIDE2-2 seem to me to have the
same number of repeats for a given configuration of digis. A packet only gets
transmitted twice, since a digi won't hear as it transmits, it seems to me that
the same digis transmit regardless of WIDE vs WIDEn-n.

Can you explain why there would be "3 to 5 times" as many dupes?

Steve K4HG