[aprssig] Digpeater setup.

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Feb 9 21:47:15 EST 2005

>>> dthege at conpoint.com 02/09/05 6:40 PM >>>
>I run one of the digis in NE Nebraska (N0XBN). The nearest
>digi is approx 25 mi to the northeast with another one
> about 50mi north of me...   What is the current recommended
>settings for the UI parameters.

Sorry for all the recent changes as the New n-N paradigm
evolved with lots of feedback on the APRSSIG.  The current
recommendations are:

UIDIGI RELAY,WIDE,WIDE6-6,WIDE7-7  (traps 66 and 77)
UIFLOOD NE,30,ID
UITRACE  WIDE,30

This will support RELAY, WIDE and WIDEn-N up to 5-5
and NEn-N for Nebraska.  Eventually, we want to drop
WIDE too, since we want to discourage people from using
WIDE,WIDE,WIDE or any similar variants which produce
too many dupes.  Out west, most people use WIDEn-N anyway
so I think you can go ahead and drop WIDE and if you want,
you could filter out 5-5, if you are 5 hops from cities that
dont want to hear 5-5's in your area...

Note also that TRACE and TRACEn-N are dropped.  But now
WIDEn-N fully traces instead.

ALso be sure to set up your DIGI position using the LTPaths
and BLT's for the fancy multi-path system which is very
efficient..  See http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/fix14439.html

It is the latest and is better organized now...

de WB4APR, Bob

30. What effect will using SSn-N have on the rest of the Digis in
Nebraska
if only mine and one other use this instead of WIDE? The rest of the
parameters I understand and can change. Dave N0XBN