[aprssig] New map for New n-N Paradigm LIVE?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 8 21:09:23 EST 2005

What I'd really love to see is this USA map done automatically
from live FINDU data (subtracting out the CW stations of
course)....  SImply scan the entire USA in 10 minute
LAT/LONG blocks and capture the number of stations
"per block".  Then plot it in colors.  This would make the
map be a REAL picture of APRS density and not just
a guess or an opinion...

Then it would be very easy to see what to do next.

WHich would be the same thing, but plot the number
of USERS per digi.   (within their claimed PHG range)
that would also be very revealing and would tell us
more about what the proper WIDEn-N might be in that
area.  Lets see the RED and BLUE states for real!

See my:
> > map on the New n-N Paradigm page to show those
> > areas of the country that might have so much volume that
> > they may want to restrict WIDEn-N flooding to the number
> > of hops shown.  If I guessed wrongly, let me know.
> >
> > http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/fix14439.html
> >
> > about 45% down the page.

de WB4APR, Bob