[aprssig] New map for New n-N Paradigm

Robbie - WA9INF mwrobertson at comcast.net
Tue Feb 8 09:30:20 EST 2005

Bob,

As you use to preach for everyone to honor RELAY,WIDE2-2 for travelers,
and in some places that would not get the traveler into the IS stream
for the travelers interested parties, what are you now suggesting?

Seems to me we are now wanting to isolate every community in their own
little LAN, and if WIDE2-2 mobiles are in between, too bad... As I
understand, you want to do away with RELAY altogether, and make the
fill-in stations honor WIDE2-2. Some of these fill-ins would eat one of
the WIDE2-2, and the next WIDE2-1 probably is not in range of an I-GATE..

Are we attempting to do away with the tracking of travelers cross
country that use to use RELAY,WIDE2-2 or RELAY,WIDE3-3 out in the open
country? I surely am missing something in this new scheme of things..

Robbie