To WB4APR (was Re: [aprssig] New n-N Paradigm FACTS)

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Feb 3 12:47:51 EST 2005

Henk wrote on Saturday, January 29, 2005 5:17 AM PST

> You can also use "http://131.122.80.201/~bruninga/aprs.html" but for some
> odd reason Bob uses absolute addresses in his links, so you run into
> trouble when clicking one of his links (if they point to the same site that is...).

Perhaps Bob WB4APR could do some editing on his site to change the absolute links to relative links for the benefit of those that are using the above URL to reach it because of the mal-configured DNS.

Why? First, for those who aren't running into a brick wall because of the mal-configured DNS, it will make other pages on the site load faster because clicking on the "internal" links won't require another DNS lookup every time someone clicks on a link to another page/file on the same site. The added benefit would be that people that use above URL with the IP won't have to keep manually fixing links in the address bar to navigate around your "site" at http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/. If you are worried about people "framing" your site, just add target="_top" to the internal links.

PS - near the bottom of the page at http://131.122.80.201/~bruninga/aprs.html you say "Search Google.com for "APRS PACKET RADIO" and get 16,000 hits!" You might want too update that. Google now reports 83,300 hits. Also, your hit counter at the bottom of that page doesn't work.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH