[aprssig] WinLink Stations on 144.39

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) ajfarmer at spenet.com
Wed Feb 2 23:29:01 EST 2005

I just recounted and still see 15 of them.  The question right now is
whether or not these are active TelPac nodes or if they are stale records in
the database.  Sometimes people set up nodes for testing and forget to
remove them from the database when they take them offline.  It's also
possible that there are some typo's like you said.

The key thing is the people involved with the Winlink project are fully
aware of APRS so I'm sure they will address any problems.  Steve just asked
for anyone to let him know if they see a TelPac node that is active on
144.39.  He did mention that there has been at least one TelPac node that
did set up shop on 144.39, but it was quickly pounced upon.  With the amount
of airtime they require (connected mode), you would know if one was
operating. ;-)

A.J.