[aprssig] Callsign URLS

Fred Atkinson, WB4AEJ fred at wb4aej.com
Sat Dec 31 16:25:21 EST 2005

Duffy,

    If you'll read the article, it does say that you can use any Web page
(and I've posted to that effect on the list but for some reason, it isn't
posting my posts).  Doesn't have to be QSL Net.  But it's fair place to
start.

    My experience with QSL Net hasn't been all that bad, to tell you the
truth.

    I've succesfully done the home server thing.  I solved the dynamic IP
problem by using ZoneEdit.com and a fifteen dollar utility called DynDNS.
DynDNS updates the domain with a new IP address if your hosting provider
changes it on you.

    For someone who is just getting their feet wet with creating sites on
the Web, this is a good way to get started.

    Also, you should read the part about why I wrote the article.  No one
has mentioned that yet.

                                                                    Fred,
WB4AEJ

P. S.    I'm direct copying you on this since my posts suddenly don't seem
to be showing up on APRSSIG.