[aprssig] MacAPRS + D7a

Greg Noneman greg at clubnet.net
Sat Dec 31 13:19:05 EST 2005

Bobby,

What version of MacAPRS are you trying to use?

Since you mentioned that this was a new PowerBook, I assume you are
trying to run the Carbon (i.e. OS X compatible) version.  I may be
wrong (haven't been keeping up), but I don't think the serial
interface is yet working on the Carbon version.  It only supports
Internet connections.

To run with a serial connection, you will have to run an OS 9 version
under Classic.  This should work OK.  I have used Keyspan adapters as
well as adapters based on Prolific and FTDI chips.  You just have to
make sure you have the correct drivers.

Hope this is helpful and sorry if I've stated information that you
already know.

73,
Greg
WB6ZSU