[aprssig] RE: MacAPRS + D7a

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Fri Dec 30 16:55:43 EST 2005

Not all USB/serial problems are Windows-specific.  The problem I have with
the OpenTracker and USB is that devices using bulk endpoints have absolutely
no latency guarantees.  Even if your converter properly carries all signals
to and from the serial device, things can still get really screwy in the
time domain.  You have to remember that USB is a host-driven, polled
interface.  Even if the device has data to send, it can't do anything except
wait for an IN token from the host.

Scott
N1VG

  _____