[aprssig] Kantronics KPC-3 comment

Andre PE1RDW aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Sat Dec 31 08:26:07 EST 2005

James Jefferson Jarvis schreef:

>Group -
>
>I'm working on an embedded APRS application that interfaces with a Kantronics
>KPC-3. Is there a character that causes the TNC to ignore the remainder of
>the line when in command mode? Perhaps a '#' or a '/' or something? I don't
>have a KPC-3 on hand to play with, otherwise I'd check it out.
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Jim KB0THN

Why not use KISS mode?
that way you are not limited to just the kpc-3 (altough you might need a
few options for the commands to set it into kiss) and you have full
controll of the frames that need to be send, the hard part like RF
timing and bitstuffing is still handled by the tnc so even a lowgrade
pic like the pic12F629 can handle it.

73 de Andre PE1RDW