[aprssig] Help with PCSAT2 Receive

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Dec 18 09:37:23 EST 2005

Set PASSALL ON to help improve your chances of
decoding a packet.  Best to look at the output
of the receier with a scope and see if the
modulation looks clean...  many radios advertise
"9600" baud outputs, but the ARRL lab has not
found any (except maybe the D700) that is truely
widebandwidth enough...

Just a thought.
>>> wolthui3 at msu.edu 12/17/05 10:32 PM >>>
This weekend I setup a Kenwood TM-451a on the 9600bps DIN connector and
connected it to a KPC-9612.  I then attempted to pass some APRS packets via
the 9600bps receiver with my TH-d7a, but to no avail.  I am wondering if
there is some special settings I need to have on the KPC-9612 or if anyone
has used this combination before and what may be wrong.

When I transmit on the th-d7a the RCV light on the KPC9612 turns on exactly
when the th-d7a TXs.  I increased the TXD on the th-d7a thinking maybe it
was too short.  The KPC-9612 RCV light comes on the whole time I think
meaning it is getting the data.  However, the data never shows up on the
computer.

There is also a 2m receiver hooked up to this TNC and transmitting at
1200bps with the th-d7a shows up on the computer from that receiver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am at my wits end and really want
to copy PCSAT2.

Thanks,

Mike

Kb8zgl