[aprssig] IP Based Modems (TNCs)

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Sat Dec 10 17:32:09 EST 2005

Eric,
  See below:

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org [mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]
On Behalf Of Christensen, Eric
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2005 16:10
To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
Subject: RE: [aprssig] IP Based Modems (TNCs)

But how do you point one side to the other?  Is there a way to put in the IP
address of the host you want to connect to.

 The digicom devices: When you want it to connect to a host you supply it
with the host's IP address.  You could also assign it a static IP address to
enable the host to connect to it.  It can also request a dynamic IP address
from a DHCP server.

 Some of the models have multiple serial ports.  I think you can set each
IP/Serial port individually, as a host or as a client, static IP address or
Dynamic.

Bill

Eric

  _____