[aprssig] IP Based Modems (TNCs)

Christensen, Eric CHRISTENSENE at MAIL.ECU.EDU
Sat Dec 10 17:09:36 EST 2005

But how do you point one side to the other?  Is there a way to put in the IP address of the host you want to connect to.

Eric

From: Fred Atkinson, WB4AEJ
Sent: Sat 10-Dec-05 15:39
To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
Subject: Re: [aprssig] IP Based Modems (TNCs)

Eric,

>That is great!  I wonder how you setup the routing...

    I wouldn't think there'd be any to set up.  It would be a host.  Either
it would get its address via DHCP or you would have to program a static IP
address, a subnet mask, a gateway address, and possibly the IP addresses to
two domain servers (from your hosting provider).  It would connect to a
router and the router would make the routing decisions (if it is off the
local subnet).

    Regards,

Fred