[aprssig] Voice Repeater Posits...

Christensen, Eric CHRISTENSENE at MAIL.ECU.EDU
Thu Dec 8 12:59:36 EST 2005

Wasn't there a problem with the "." in the name of the object?

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org [mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]
On Behalf Of Robert Bruninga
Sent: Thursday, 08 December, 2005 12:41
To: aprssig at lists.tapr.org
Subject: Re: [aprssig] Voice Repeater Posits...

> Is there a true 'voice repeater' symbol??

The prefered symbol for a voice repeater object
is the /r symbol.  A vertical antenna.  To have the
favorite travelers repeater show up in your area,
insert it like this in the DIGI that covers that area:

BT ;147.105  *111111zDDMM.hhN/DDDMM.hhWr pl107.2 AARC club, etc

B E 10    (every 10 minutes.  what ever ur TNC takes)
UNPROTO AP383

COMMENT:
1)  The field ;147.105  * is padded to 9 spaces
2)  Notice that AP383 is the digipeaters type of TNC.
      For a KPC3 version 8.3 this is APN383
3)  BUT NOTICE THAT THE UNPROTO PATH IS DIRECT
      and has no VIA's.  This is because we do not want
       to see these beacons beyond the area where that
       147.105 voie repeater has coverage.

de WB4APR, Bob

>>> bruninga at usna.edu 12/07/05 11:23 PM >>>
This is why we need a beacon in many digis with
an object for the local preferrred traveler repeaters
sent DIRECT (to minimize network load, but to
inform travelers.  Remember, APRS is supposed to
be your resource showing you everything live
around you...

> I also wish that there was a method of overlaying the
> VHF/UHF repeater coverage prediction charts over the
> GPS moving map display... for the whole route TX-VA!
> Otherwise I'm going to be going loopy fingering through
> the ARRL repeater directory!

Also, local ECHOlink, IRLP and Winlink nodes should
also appear on the front panel of your D7 or D700 radio.

de Wb4APR, Bob