[aprssig] Re: APRS for a near-Arctic hot-air balloon flight -- TinyTralk and OpenTrak 300 baud mode

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Tue Dec 6 16:01:34 EST 2005

> The OpenTrack requires downloading an entirely different set
> of firmware into the processor; i.e. not something you will
> do in the field.

That's true.  If there's sufficient interest, I could change that.  It's
just a few constants that get changed, but the loop that references them is
very timing critical and I didn't feel like messing with it and using up
more config space.

I actually cranked it up to 2400 baud once, but couldn't get AGWPE to copy
it.  Not sure if that was because it wasn't modulating properly, or if I
didn't have the right tones - I think George wasn't even sure what tones it
needed, or if it had been tested.

I'm thinking about trying out 600 baud, with convolutional coding and a
non-AX.25 frame format... just curious how much the performance can be
improved for a noisy channel.

Scott
N1VG