[aprssig] Re: APRS for a near-Arctic hot-air balloon flight -- TinyTralk and OpenTrak 300 baud mode

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue Dec 6 14:55:35 EST 2005

jdw at eng.uah.edu wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2005, at 9:22 PM, Christensen, Eric wrote:
>
>> If my memory services me correct, the TinyTrak had a "switch" that would
>> allow it to do 300-baud packet instead of 1200-baud.
>

> The OpenTracker also has 300 baud firmware.
>
> -Jason
> kg4wsv

> CHRISTENSENE at MAIL.ECU.EDU wrote:
>
>Maybe it was the OpenTracker...

With the TinyTrak III, it's a configuration item (checkbox) in the setup menu.   This option is separate for the primary and secondary mode configuration. If you wish, you can even set the primary mode to 1200, the secondary mode to 300, and then switch-select them during operation.

The OpenTrack requires downloading an entirely different set of firmware into the processor; i.e. not something you will do in the field.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com

  http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/DigiPaths

Updated APRS Symbol Chart