[aprssig] RE: 9600 APRS satellite on 145.825

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 01:36:54 EST 2005

On 12/5/05, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
> Actually, people with D7's and D700's  need to be
> experimenting with this capability even without waiting
> for ECHO.  If you have a D7 or D700, just leave it
> overnight on 145.825 with say a 5 minute beacon rate

Related to this, I have recently started setting up my D700 as a
"Mobile SatGate" when I am out of the vehicle.  I have documented this
on my D700 Tips and Tricks page.  You can view it here:

http://www.aj3u.com/aprs/tm-d700.php

I also have tips for setting up for APRS Satellite operations using a
separate PM.

I welcome any feedback or tips!

Thanks!

--