[aprssig] APRS Server Filters Question

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 08:31:01 EST 2005

Try port 14580 (guess your 145800 was a typo)

Try also a filter of m/200, or in ui-view speak "filter m/200"  That
specifies a 200km radius from your position, wherever you are...

But...  You must connect with a valid lat/long, and send at least one
posit to the IS, so it know's where you are, so as to know what radius
to select posits for to send to you.  You can also specify a specific
boundry with the filter setting, but you need to go read filter.txt to
figure that out, as I've forgotten...

It's worth getting onto the server's web page, and making sure they
support the 14580 user filterable port.  You can also do that after you
connect, and check to see what filter it thinks you have set.

73..

Dave G0WBX.