[aprssig] APRS Server Filters Question

Amateur Radio WB8NUT duffy at wb8nut.com
Fri Dec 2 08:11:21 EST 2005

Folks, I always seem to have trouble with these darn filters on the APRS
servers.  I am using midwest.aprs2.net:145800 as the server, and the
filter string I am using is "Filter f/WB8NUT/200 t/omn" to try and just
get the stations within a 200 mile range of my station, plus only
certain types of stations.  I keep getting pretty much of the world -
icons on the entire US, South America, and Europe - over 1500 icons on
the map.  Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com