Bad APRS citizens (was Re: [aprssig] Tiny Tracker?)

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:23:22 EDT 2005

On 8/30/05, Christensen, Eric H <CHRISTENSENE at mail.ecu.edu> wrote:
> It is very unfortunate that such individuals exist out there.  We have a guy
> (a couple of digis over) that is not only a poor APRS user, but whined
> enough to get his local digi owner to switch his digi back to the old rules.
> He spouts out these off the wall bulletins about kilocycle cops and such at
> random.  Just a very unhappy guy.

Hi Eric,

I know exactly who you are talking about.  I get his complaint
bulletins on RF all the way up here in Maryland.  We probably have
300+ or so miles between us...   That shows you right there how much
he is abusing the network.  Considering I have an average 60 - 80 mile
ALOHA, I should not be seeing you, nor him, from this far away
(nothing personal, hi!!).

His problem transcends APRS.  As you said, he just appears to be
generally unhappy.

Unfortunate.

A.J. Farmer, AJ3U