[aprssig] Why use this path?

Christensen, Eric H CHRISTENSENE at MAIL.ECU.EDU
Tue Aug 30 15:11:27 EDT 2005

It APPEARS as if he is on HF.  The ECHO is the HF version of RELAY.  The
GATE would have gotten him over on the VHF side of things and then, of
course, the WIDE3-3 for VHF hops.  The rest of that path appears to be an
error.  Interesting path though.  I would expect for some of that path to
have been replaced by a callsign.  DO you have an HF gateway nearby?

Eric KF4OTN

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org [mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]
On Behalf Of Richard Montgomery
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 3:07 PM
To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
Subject: [aprssig] Why use this path?

I'm not sure I understand this path. It comes from a ham in Maine (yes
Maine) and I see it lots down here in Tennessee. Now I'm sure its being
gated from an Igate closer to me, but still, I dont really WANT to see these
packets. I have sent messages but no answer. I have seen him 22 times today
at my home QTH using this path. In looking at findu.com for stations near
this ham, it seems a lot of users have his callsign in their paths also.

Maybe someone can explain why this path is being used.

Thanks
Richard

K1PIG>ECHO,GATE,WIDE3-3,ECHO,GATE,WIDE3-3,K1PIG,qAC,K1PIG:

APRS Traffic heard on 144.390 in Lexington, TN http://richdea5.no-ip.org

Archived APRS traffic
http://richdea5.no-ip.org/usagehistory