[aprssig] Why use this path?

Richard Montgomery kb4ytm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 15:06:32 EDT 2005

I'm not sure I understand this path. It comes from a ham in Maine (yes
Maine) and I see it lots down here in Tennessee. Now I'm sure its being
gated from an Igate closer to me, but still, I dont really WANT to see
these packets. I have sent messages but no answer. I have seen him 22
times today at my home QTH using this path. In looking at findu.com for
stations near this ham, it seems a lot of users have his callsign in
their paths also.

Maybe someone can explain why this path is being used.

Thanks
Richard

K1PIG>ECHO,GATE,WIDE3-3,ECHO,GATE,WIDE3-3,K1PIG,qAC,K1PIG:

APRS Traffic heard on 144.390 in Lexington, TN
http://richdea5.no-ip.org

Archived APRS traffic
http://richdea5.no-ip.org/usagehistory